Monday, June 19, 2006

Head of Hair

ScissorsSo, I finally got a haircut. For those of you who don't already know, about 2 1/2 years ago, I lost my mind and put my hair into dreadlocks. Summer came, summer went, and not being able to run my finers through my hair started to drive me nuts, so about 18 months later, I cut them all off and ended up with the shortest hair I've ever had, about 2-3 inches long all over.

I've had a year to grow out my hair, and it's grown to the longest I've ever had it (my hair grows out pretty fast, don't ask me what's in the water), which was really starting to bug me. Being sporty and rolling around the grass/sand with your dogs means washing your hair a lot, and with thick wavy hair like mine, washing and drying it was a real pain. The reason I've let it frow this long is so that I can get a proper cut, instead of having it too short in places.

ScissorsSo anyway, I finally got my haircut today while out picking up my new amp, and I'm so glad I did! The lady asked what sort of haircut I wanted, and I described it to her as best as I could - back to just shoulder-length and layered, sides cut to just tuck behind my ears, with an undercut near the front. She then asked if I had any photos of what I wanted, and I thought, "Damn, I couldn't think of anyone with exactly what I wanted," and then it hit me! Francesco Totti when he used to have his wavy mane of hair! Thank God I had an Italian lady cutting my hair, she immediately knew what I was talking about and cut it perfectly. And thank God for World Cup fever, else I don't think he would have come to my mind!

So the main thing today was, I had the guts to ask for a haircut which has obviously male stylings. The lady didn't bat an eye, keeping a professional attitude (if you don't count our eyebrow-raising conversation) and doing what I wanted instead of offering alternatives and discouraging comments, etc. I'm going to try a place a little closer to home the next time I get a haircut, and if they don't get it right, she may just have gained a new regular!

My parting gift to you: a couple of pictures of Francesco with my haircut! =)


Posted in transition, new-id

3 comments:

Lil Mizfit said...

LOL...ur haircut courtesy World Cup fever...LOL :)

Nick said...

haha, that's a good way to look at it. Here's hoping it's Italy's year (although after that performance against USA, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see my 20 bucks ever again!) And no thanks to the Czech Republic for another 20 bucks lost if team USA doesn't win that final match!

Lil Mizfit said...

LOL...