Sunday, December 18, 2005

New beginning, new name

I've been thinking about what names I like and what names I would be comfortable using. There's a big difference, because I'm not a white, blonde, blue-eyed kinda guy, so it would be hard to go by the name of, say, Sergei or Giorgio without expecting to have to deal with a lot of folks with saucers for eyes when I introduce myself. Also, having my friends roll around on the floor clutching their sides when I finally come out as an FtM and ask them to call me "Giorgio" is probably not the response I'm looking for. So, in keeping with the anonimity issue at this point, I found a photo of what I'd probably have looked like as a kid had I been born male, and invite you, the loyal/casual reader, to chip in yer 2 cents.


What a cutie!


There are a couple of names I like so far, and I'll look to see if I can put a "poll" up on this website. In the meantime, if you've surfed onto this page, please leave a comment with any names you think might be suitable!

Now, I fully believe that a name should suit one's personality, and so here are a few facts about me that may help:

  • I'm usually tanned to a slightly dark olive, and I have jet black hair and dark brown eyes

  • I'm a jock at heart, and long for the day that I'll be able to lay on my surf board with the sun shining down on my bare back, waiting for that perfect wave.

  • Far from being a surfhead, I've graduated from a respectable university with a very respectable graduate degree, and will be pursuing a master's degree in a year or 2.

  • People say that I'm a very nice and polite person, but I know that I can become extremely hot-tempered when faced with certain situations. I'm competitive and sometimes alarmingly aggressive when it comes down to the wire, but otherwise I'm a laid-back, fun-loving person.
edited to get rid of name list since poll was added

Posted in new id, personal, transition, website

No comments: