Sunday, December 18, 2005

First step

Well, I've taken the first major step. I've contacted the local counsellor at The Gender Centre Inc. for a good time to come in, and hope I will get a reply on Monday. A fellow FTM from around here replied to my introductory post on the FTM Surgery Info group, and said that there was a person there who has had a lot of experience, so I feel good about my chances on learning more about the resources available in Sydney.

Today, I will create a couple of pages that I feel will be useful:

  • a page linking to resources that I have used, in chronological order - hopefully this will help new FTMs absorb information in an orderly manner instead of being overwhelmed by the amount of information available on the Internet.


  • a page with photos of my face, chest, shoulders and back at various milestones during this process - at this point, I still wish to remain as anonymous as possible, so we'll think of a way to get around this. I have a feeling that it will become useful in the future, though.


  • a page with sound clips of my voice at various milestones during this process - to show how quickly the testosterone affects my voice, and how deep it becomes once I start on T.


  • a page listing various features that change while I'm on T - again, to show the affects of T and how quickly it's working.

Also, I'll probably add a guestbook to this site. If this site has helped you in any way, or has caused you anger/disappointment in any of its particular content, please sign in and leave your comments.

Posted in counselling, Gender-Centre, transition, website

No comments: