Saturday, December 17, 2005

First post

This is the first post in my brand spanking new blog, that will mainly serve as a journal following my transition. Transition to what, you say?

After a lifetime of struggling to form a self-image that felt right, I have come to terms with the fact that I am a man trapped in a woman's body. I've felt this since I was a wee child, and I suppose that while the concept itself was always in my consciousness, coming to grips with it emotionally has taken 24 years.

As such, I have decided to begin my transition to a more comfortable physical form - that of a biological male. At this time, my main hopes in starting this process are as follows:

  • To be able to able to comfortably wear men's clothing,

  • To appear to the average person as a normal male adult,

  • To be able to walk topless in public without it being considered indecent.


I hope to eventually start testosterone ("T") therapy, as well as have a double mastectomy ("top surgery") to help sculpt my physical being into one that more closely matches my emotional being. My hope is that this blog will serve both as emotional therapy, as well as help anyone else who may be going through the same journey. Please feel free to leave any positive comments or questions. All negative remarks will be promptly deleted.

And now I take my first steps...

Posted in gender, goals, transition

2 comments:

Char said...

Hi there :) I have a friend who is going through the same thing, but hasn't made a firm decision yet about what she is going to do. Right now, she lives her life as a lesbian, but has changed her name legally to a more masculine name. It's a struggle, feeling what she's felt for this long. She's almost 30 now, and it's still hard for her to deal.

Kudos to you for figuring out exactly what you want and moving forward with it! I wish you all the support, acceptance and love in your journey that you need.

Char

Nick said...

Hey Char! Thanks for your kind words. It's amazing, I'd only just created this blog not more than 45 minutes ago!

I hope your friend gets to live her life as she needs to, and that she has more friends like you who care enough.

Best regards, and take care!