Saturday, December 31, 2005

Liar liar!

I've realised that I lied in the last blog entry. I meant to say that I'm not miserable about my current sex life, not that I have no complaints about it. Of course I have complaints - I won't be fully happy until I have a strong flat chest, broad shoulders and can make love to a woman like a man!

On that note, I've had to come to terms that my sex life could suffer greatly from this point on. At this point, I've decided on top surgery and hormone therapy only (more on that later), which will mean 2 things:

  1. I will most likely no longer appeal to lesbians

  2. I may have trouble finding a straight woman/gay man who will be accepting of my lack of "equipment"
Of course, I'm talking about a "casual single" life here. Optimistic me somehow thinks that it will not affect my chances of finding a life partner, since I imagine many women would be happy to have a husband who for all intents and purposes (bar one I suppose) is a man, but has the emotional/intellectual standpoint of a woman. And yes, I am aware that being on T has emotional side effects (again, more on this later).

Thank goodness I live in a society that's more open to the idea of sexuality as a spectrum and not just black-and-white. Having felt great respect for the many gay men and women who had to live with the sexuality in the dark ages, I feel even more respect now for the many transsexual people who've had to live before us. Even nowadays, the transgender community has trouble finding support in their early stages from both the straight and gay community.

Kudos to all who came before us.

Posted in sexuality, oats, community

No comments: