Thursday, February 02, 2006

No man's land

Well, I'm back home. My mum and dad won't be back till next week, so I've been here with my cousins and aunts and uncles, and everyone's been totally doting on me since I haven't been back for 4 years. My granddad's been especially talkative (he used to be such a quiet man!) and there hasn't been any of the usual little bickers that happen when 20+ close relatives come together nearly every day.

I'm loving it at the moment - I used to hate how noisy it would get with everyone trying to talk over everyone else, but it's been more entertaining than anything this time around. I especially love seeing my "little" cousins; I put "little" in open-inverted commas because they're not so little anymore. In fact, they've just got their drivers' licences, but they'll always be the little babies of the family to me. I hate thinking that they'll probably be taller than me the next time I come home.

I haven't even had the time to think about the whole coming out thing, what with all that's been going on. I have had lots of time to think about how uncomfortable it could potentially be though, since "the girls" have been out marathon-shopping the last 2 days, and I haven't been trying on/buying anything at all. They obviously find it strange, and ask why, and I use the excuse that I'll go shopping with mum when she gets back and buy things then. More like, "I don't want to buy anything now because I'll be spending all this money on clothes that I'll never put on again!"

I've seen heaps of men's stuff that I love, and it's terrible to see things that are on sale but I can't try/buy at this time. I'm already building an inventory of the clothes I'll be getting when I finally have my nice flat chest.

7 days to go till crunch time.

Posted in transition, family, personal

2 comments:

Rejkyvik said...

hmmn...... no blog.... how'd it go?

Rejkyvik said...

dude! where U at??? (in hokey black gangsta accent)