Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back from the Dead

Oh, it's been a while since the last post. So much has happened, so many notes I'd quickly jotted down in my organiser that I'd thought I'd post here about. And as most of you who blog would know, now that the passion, the here-and-now emotions are no longer fresh in mind, I don't know if I can do justice to reporting these events.

I guess the most important issue the last time I posted was about getting that referral. I did end up getting the referral, but the only doc who could see me at a decent date would end up costing me $80 a visit (this is after my insurance reimburses me $120) so I refused to throw money away like that and opted for a doc that was

i. decent enough to return my phone call
ii. came recommended by my counsellor, and
iii. was recommended by another doc who wasn't taking anymore new patients.

He sounded very nice and caring on the phone, I think I made the right decision in making my appointment with him (on the 28th of August!!!) even if it did mean waiting longer and having to drive a little further out of my way to get there.

In other news, my social calendar has suddenly become pure lunacy. Every time I go out with one group of friends, I end up meeting new people, and going out with these people meets me more new friends... multiply this with the many circles of friends that I maintain, and the result is not only practically all weekends booked up till Christmas, but also having to meet my closest friends at such odd times as "brunch on Tuesday" on a regular basis. The only one to really suffer is poor little Sasha, who has been left at home by herself a little more than usual these last weeks.

So that wraps up my "Back from the Dead" post for the moment, I'm thinking I'll go check out why the text isn't appearing in some of my earlier posts until I actually highlight it, at which point some characters appear (sometimes briefly) and others take their own sweet time making their grand entrance.

Posted in transition, ala-mode, the-tribe

No comments: